We can edit or proofread your manuscript ...
... thesis, article, book, journal, diary, paper or story.
We guarantee our work to be accurate: If we make an error, we fix it
without charge. Also, we do our best to meet all our clients' timelines. A
dissertation usually requires about two weeks in the spring and fall and one week
in the summer and winter. Please contact us if you are working under a tight
deadline. As with all of our services, we charge $57 per hour for editing
and proofreading. The price per double-spaced page varies depending on a
variety of factors including the topic, the degree of technical or
statistical material, the number of suggestions required and the number of
references. If you would like us to estimate the cost of a particular
project, please contact us at one of the addresses below. If you are new to
our services, we would be happy to read two to four pages as a free sample.
Additionally, we are happy to do any typing that
our editing clients require.
Click here for our other services and rates
| The staff are very professional and
nice to work with. I don't think you can a find a better editing
service at this level for such a reasonable price.
--Eugene Demidenko, Associate Professor
Section of Biostatistics and Epidemiology
Department of Mathematics
Dartmouth Medical School
We can work with your custom style sheet alone or in combination with
standard style guides, including
- Grant editing
- Editing and organization of resumés
- Editing a mathematical paper in LaTeX.
Ways to save money
- The Publication Manual of the American Psychological
- The Chicago Manual of Style (Chicago)
- A Manual for Writers of Term Papers, Theses, and
- The Modern Language Society Style Manual (MLA)
- University-, Publisher-, and Journal-specific author
Time spent that does not save much money
- Polish the prose. Read your manuscript out loud. Make sure your sentences
are complete thoughts and that they say what you mean to say.
- Check your citations: Are they in the reference list? Are all the
authors listed? Is the year right? Don't worry much about the spelling.
As long as it is close, we will be able to figure it out when we audit
- Check your references: Are they cited in the text? Do the journal articles
and book chapters have page ranges, not just the first page? Have you
listed all authors in the same order they are listed in the work? Note
that when the style guide tells you to list authors alphabetically,
they mean sort the references and citation by the authors' names not
that you should change the order of the authors' names within a citation
or reference entry.
- Make sure every table, figure, and appendix is mentioned in the text and
that each has a title.
- Don't spend time on the table of contents or lists of tables and figures.
Unless you know how to make Word insert an automatic table of contents, we
will delete whatever you do and start from scratch. Doing so takes very
little time and produces much better results than the manual method.
- Don't set up your tables with spaces. If you don't know how to use Word's
table feature, insert the data with tabs separating the columns and do
nothing more. We will convert the tabs to a Word table and format it to
conform to the guidelines.
- Don't use carriage returns or tabs to make a paragraph look the way
you want it to look. If you can't figure it out, leave it as a block
paragraph and we will format it using the robust tools provided by Word.
You just need to flag it for us so we know how it should look. Word's
Comments feature is great for this purpose.
- If you don't have a firm grasp on its use, don't worry about the
use of "et al." Just spell out all authors' names and we will make the
Click here for special services for
|outside the USA
1392 VT Rte 232
Marshfield, VT 05658-8067
We can accept email attachments, handwritten or typewritten manuscripts,
disks, or facsimiles. We work primarily in MS Word, but we can accept and
deliver many other word-processing formats. For graphic design, we use
Illustrator, Photoshop, LaTeX and even MS Word, and can convert to and from
other formats. We can return your work as by email, as hard copy, or on disk.
Together, we have more than 90 years of experience as professional
editors and graphic designers.
Editide home page
Thanks for your consideration,
John and Sue Morris, Elizabeth Conard, Katie Decker, and Chatch Pregger